Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chore Chart

My oldest is 6 as of July 1st and I feel like I need to have some sort of expectations for her around the house.  My husband says I need to give her more responsibilities but I haven't been able to do that in a way that is most helpful to me.  I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and I don't want to have to run around behind her picking up the things she missed.  I would rather do it myself and get it right the first time.  I know that sounds harsh but that's the OCD in me.  LOL.  So anyway, I found a cute and easy chore chart over here at this super helpful website that can easily be edited to suit my family needs and I can change it as she gets older.  And this way, I will know what exactly she is doing and teach her how to do it and then I won't have to worry so much about it anymore.  And she will feel good that she is "helping Mommy around the house". I'm deciding if we should offer an allowance for the different tasks....I think we will.  I had originally tried to give her a number of tickets per day and give her an allowance based off of the number of tickets she had left at the end of the day.  This quickly fizzled because I had to actively give her the tickets every single day.  With the chart I can post it somewhere and as she finishes a task she can mark it off.  Then, at the end of the week we can take a look at what she has completed and give her an allowance (or tickets. Still deciding) then. This is the first one we are trying so I might not like it in a few weeks but I have to start somewhere right?
  
Click the link below if you're interested in downloading this adorable chore chart.




Tip: on the left side of the screen under google docs there are two tabs: FILE and VIEW.  Click on the file and then select "download original".  It will then download to your computer and should open in reader automatically if you have adobe reader already installed on your computer. Then you can edit it to have whatever chores you like.  Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment