Wednesday, July 4, 2012

30 Day Mom Challenge


So I'm starting this 30 day Mom Challenge.  I've been praying for the Lord to help me be a better mother and I feel like this 30 day challenge will really challenge me and allow me to consciously try harder.  Not that the Bible itself couldn't challenge me but I'm a bit of a list-a-holic.  LOL.  So this is right up my alley. And the items on the list are spiritually derived so I feel as though I can do this and still find the Lord in it as well. 

My prayer is that others might see this and take the challenge themselves.  Being a mother is not an easy job but we have to remember that we are training up our children to give back to the Lord.  They are gifts to us.  We wouldn't take a gift from someone we love and drag it through the mud or throw it around without any care.  We take care of the blessings we are given and we need to take better care of our children.  

We have to make decisions every day to care for our children in such a way that they want to learn about the Lord.  We have to walk the walk and not just talk a big talk to our kids.  Children have a great way of telling the real from the fake and I know for myself that I would never want my kids to not want to get closer with the Lord because I can't walk my walk out in from of them without being a hypocrite.

I am going to take one of the 30 challenges each day and as the days continue I will add a challenge to the previous day's challenge.  So at day 30 I will be doing all 30 challenges on the last day.  That is my sincere hope. I might find myself doing fewer in a day or taking maybe 5 or 10 on any given day but the goal is to keep all of the challenges in mind and consciously doing them.  Prayer will help. It doesn't have that on the list but I would definitely add praying with your child to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment